Elysium Pest Control – Rat Control in Fife
Rat infestations are becoming far more common in both the commercial and domestic side.
When rats enter the property or businesses, they are a health risk due to the number of diseases they carry.
Rats can be very persistent even gnawing through metal to get in, and if they do gain access into your home or business premises they can spread diseases, cause damage and contaminate food.
Rats can cause other problems, so it’s vital to eliminate a rat infestation quickly as rats can:
• Damage property with constant gnawing, rats can damage insulation, chew through floor joists, pipes, doors, floorboards. Rats will also shred nearly anything for their nests, from paper to linen and plastic.
• Contaminate foodstuffs as pathogens are in a rat’s urine and droppings.
Business Consequences of Rats
• Alarm — immediate loss of trust from customers and employees, especially in food processing, industrial & manufacturing and food & beverage sectors.
• Damage — of goods and equipment such as computers, electrical appliances, wires and pipes in offices and business premises.
• Losses — infestations may cause product recalls and loss of contracts which can lead to financial loss and the loss of company reputation.
• Legal — failure to comply with legislation could lead to business closure or fines.
Even rats in the garden and outside your premises can also present tremendous risk, particularly for industries that require zero tolerance to pests.
What Are The Signs of Rats.
Rats are most active during the night therefore it is often easier to spot the signs of a rat infestation than the actual rat. Elysium Pest Control have explained some signs that could indicate that you have a potential rat problem:
• Rat Droppings – Brown Rat droppings are dark brown in a tapered, spindle shape
• Gnaw Marks – Black rats are agile climbers and often found in lofts. You might notice gnaw marks on wires, cabling or items stored in the loft.
• Rat Holes – Brown rats are well known for digging extensive burrow systems for shelter, food storage and nesting.
• Rat Nests – Rats will shred available materials such as loft insulation, cardboard and other soft items to make nests.
Worried About Rats?
Where in your home or business should you start checking for the signs of rats, their nests and damage they can cause?
Rats are agile climbers, who can jump, gnaw and burrow so realistically you should check your property from top to bottom, inside and out. Here are some common places you might find evidence of a rat infestation.
Do You Think You Have Rats?
If you think you have Rats then we highly recommend you book a survey with us.
We will arrange a suitable time for both parties and carry out effective treatment at an affordable rate.