Elysium Pest Control – Effective Mice Treatment Fife.
Finding mice in your home or business can be very distressing.
LET’S GET THEM CAUGHT AND LOCKED AWAY!
Mice can spread disease in their search for food and shelter, posing health risks particularly in kitchens and food storage areas.
Mice can also multiple quickly which can increase the problem exponentially.
Taking control of a mice infestation quickly is important as they can:
• Damage property as constant gnawing by mice can damage insulation, pipes, doors, floorboards & they shred soft items for nesting.
• Contaminate foodstuffs as pathogens in their urine & faeces can transmit diseases such as Hantavirus & Salmonellosis.
• Cause damage as they gnaw to squeeze through gaps, their propensity to gnaw and chew on items to control their incisors can mean they are attracted to wood, and electrical wiring which in turn can lead to fire risks.
How to get rid of Mice naturally.
Mice are creatures whose flexible skeletons allow them to squeeze through tiny gaps, to sneak into a building. Here are some top tips to help deter mice from entering your property.
◦ Doors – fitting bristle (or brush) strips to the bottom of doors prevents entry especially in older properties where the door fit may not be snug.
◦ Pipework – seal holes around existing or new pipes with coarse grade stainless steel wire wool and caulking (pliable sealant).
◦ Holes – these are often made in exterior walls for cables and pipes, check that old pipework holes are sealed too.
◦ Air Bricks and Vents – cover these with fine galvanised wire mesh (especially if they are damaged) to allow air to circulate but prevent mice from entering.
◦ Eaves – fix damaged roofing and use wire mesh to seal any gaps.
◦ Vegetation – trim tree branches back from the house and where possible avoid plants growing up the sides of your property. Vines, shrubs or over hanging branches can be used for mice to get onto roofs. Overgrown vegetation close to the walls will offer mice shelter and potential nesting sites.
◦ Lawns – keep grass mown short to reduce shelter and seeds for food. Ideally leave a gap between the building foundations and the garden.
How To Get Rid Of Mice, By a professional.
In the Property
Mouse infestation in your home can not only cause genuine health risks but also real fear and stress for families.
If you have never had mice before, it is unlikely you will know exactly what action to take. Most people do not worry about a pest problem until it actually happens. In this case, it can be much more reassuring to call in a pest control professional to take care of the problem for you.
Mouse Proofing for Your Property.
An effective way to prevent mice includes proofing your home or business to keep these rodents out. Mice are very good climbers, able to scale rough, vertical surfaces and walk along thin cables or wires. You will need to identify any gaps located higher up the building, or on your rooftop, not just those near the ground and make sure these are properly protected to block entry to mice.
In Your Business
The level of risk posed by mice to a business will vary greatly depending on the type of industry, its size and the legislation requirements for pest control.
The business impact of mice is known to negatively affect brand reputation, customer reviews, employee morale, operational efficiency and ultimately revenue and profits.
When it comes to pest control, most businesses cannot afford to waste time experimenting with their own versions of mouse control – the risks are too high.
FAQ’s on Mice
How long do mice live?
· Mice generally have a lifespan up to around 18 months of age.
How often do mice reproduce?
· Mice can give birth when they are around two months old can have babies up to 10 times a year.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Rid Of Mice?
At Elysium Pest Control, we understand that every treatment is different so our prices may vary. To give you a quote for effective mice control, give us a call today and we will help you solve your pest problem.
Contact Us Today
Give Elysium Pest Control a call today to get your pest problems solved. You can find our number at the top of this page.